The Petworth Hamper
(@£100 for four people):
- A bottle of sparkling wine from a local Sussex vineyard
- Springs Smoked Salmon with locally made Mustard and Dill Sauce
and/or Charlie’s Smoked Trout Pate from Cowdray Farm Shop
- Sussex Meats from Charlie’s
- Local Sussex cheeses (Sussex Charmer, High Weald/Goodwood)
- Nutbourne tomatoes
- Local watercress (in season)
- Hungry Guest, Slindon Bakery or Cowdray Farm Shop (Petworth) bread
- South Downs Butter
- Deerview, Hungry Guest, or
Sussex Valley condiments
- Apples/Plums from Sussex orchards
- Local strawberries or blackberries (when in season)
- Noble and Stace chocolates
Optional extras: Sussex cakes and flapjacks and Edgcumbes fresh coffee.
The Sussex Vineyard Hamper
(@£45 for two people):
- A bottle of Stopham Estate still white wine (from a local Sussex vineyard)
- Local Sussex cheeses from Amberley Village Shop
- Sussex Alberts (cheese biscuits from Horsham)
- Locally made mini Quiches from Amberley Village Shop
- Local Nutbourne Tomatoes
- Local strawberries or apples
- Noble and Stace chocolates
A TYPICAL TREK N'TASTE AFTERNOON TEA ON THE SOUTH DOWNS LOOKING OUT TO VINEYARDS...
The Arundel Afternoon Tea Hamper
(@£40 for two people):
- Slindon scones with Charlie's Farm Shop cream and
Deerview strawberry jam
- Sussex cucumber sandwiches with
Charlie's Smoked Trout Pate made with
Hungry Guest or Cowdray Farm Shop bread and South Downs Butter
- Sussex fruit cake or local chocolate brownies
- Horsham Gingerbread
- Tea from Edgcumbes, Milk from Charlie's Farm Shop
- A bottle of Nutty from Nutbourne Vineyards
SUGGESTIONS FOR SHORT VINEYARD WALKS/TOURS WITH A PICNIC SUPPLIED BY TREK N'TASTE...
Trek N'Taste suggested tours involve walking/cycling/driving to a personally-selected number of different vineyards. Our services include:
- Google Maps: We take time to make sure that the maps and links we draw up and print out to give you are accurate and detailed enough so that you do not get lost in The South Downs National Park (local vineyards, National Trust Petworth Park AND Bignor Roman Villa).
- Vineyard Tours: The vineyards we list offer wine tasting/shopping advice (WSET qualified). Taste up to three different wines at two or more vineyards and up to six different wines with our gourmet picnic hampers (depending on tour chosen).
- Gourmet Picnic Hampers: Auriol will assemble bespoke picnic hampers to include your dietary requests, from local farmshops and delis in The South Downs National Park. All produce are fresh and packaged up in the shops. Wine and food pairing.
- Discount on all wines bought at the vineyards (up to 30%).
- Advice/room booking at local bespoke overnight accommodation.
- Baggage and wine shopping transportation.
- Taxis: From Arundel to Bignor Roman Villa cost £18 and from Upperton Vineyards to Pulborough cost £20. We can give you the numbers/website links of taxi companies in Pulborough, Arundel (goes to Amberley), and Chichester. All these have a 7-seater taxi - but this needs to be pre-booked.
- Car Parking: There are ample parking facilities at all the vineyards we list, Bignor Roman Villa, Pulborough train station (paid car park), Arundel or Amberley train stations (paid car parks) and the hotels/B&Bs listed on this website.
- Cyclists: We can arrange for cycle hire if you prefer to bike. The bicycles can be delivered and collected by the hire company. We give you the website link to contact the hire company directly. All the hotels we list can store your hired bikes overnight.
- Babysitting/Nanny Agencies/Holiday Clubs: We can put you in touch with these resources so that your children are taken care of for the day. All staff are CRB/Ofsted inspected/approved.
- Please bring waterproofs, walking boots and cash to pay for buying wine at the vineyards (cheaper), any pub/cafe visit, taxis and your train ticket (nb: we request 50% of your full payment as a deposit seven days in advance).
See also our Places To Stay page too before ordering a hamper from us.
NOTE: All customers buying alcohol must be over 18 years of age. It is an offence to purchase or attempt to purchase alcohol under the age of 18.
EMAIL: TREKNTASTESUSSEX@GMAIL.COM MOBILE: 0786 7009924
NB: We collect your empty hampers after your picnic.
Hamper payments (in full in cash upon delivery of hampers) or online with a PayPal payment link which we will send you to: A Park
REF: TREK N’TASTE.
Enter an amount with your debit/credit card, and the money is sent to us. With thanks. Like any PayPal transaction, the connection is secure. Everyone involved will receive an email receipt. PayPal.Me is the fast and easy way to do business. If someone in your group isn't a PayPal customer, they can easily sign up in seconds. For more information after we have sent you our PayPal payment link, go to www.paypal.me