The Petworth Hamper
(@£100 for four people):
- A bottle of sparkling wine from a local Sussex vineyard
- Springs Smoked Salmon with locally made Mustard and Dill Sauce
and/or Charlie’s Smoked Trout Pate from Cowdray Farm Shop
- Sussex Meats from Charlie’s
- Local Sussex cheeses (Sussex Charmer, High Weald/Goodwood)
- Nutbourne tomatoes
- Local watercress (in season)
- Hungry Guest, Slindon Bakery or Cowday Farm Shop (Petworth) bread
- South Downs Butter
- Deerview, Hungry Guest, or
Sussex Valley condiments
- Apples/Plums from Sussex orchards
- Local strawberries or blackberries (when in season)
- Noble and Stace chocolates
Optional extras: Sussex cakes and flapjacks and Edgcumbes fresh coffee.
The Sussex Vineyard Hamper
(@£45 for two people):
- A bottle of Stopham Estate still white wine (from a local Sussex vineyard)
- Local Sussex cheeses from Amberley Village Shop
- Sussex Alberts (cheese biscuits from Horsham)
- Locally made mini Quiches from Amberley Village Shop
- Local Nutbourne Tomatoes
- Local strawberries or apples
- Noble and Stace chocolates
A TYPICAL AFTERNOON TEA ON THE SOUTH DOWNS LOOKING OUT TO VINEYARDS...SUPPLIED BY US.
The Arundel Afternoon Tea Hamper
(@£40 for two people):
- Slindon scones with Charlie's Farm Shop cream and
Deerview strawberry jam
- Sussex cucumber sandwiches with
Charlie's Smoked Trout Pate made with
Hungry Guest or Cowdray Farm Shop bread and South Downs Butter
- Sussex fruit cake or local chocolate brownies
- Horsham Gingerbread
- Tea from Edgcumbes, Milk from Charlie's Farm Shop
- A bottle of Nutty from Nutbourne Vineyards
See also our Places To Stay page too before ordering from us.
NB: We collect your empty Hampers and Tasting Platters after your picnic.
Hamper and Tasting Table Platter payments (in full in cash upon delivery) or online with a PayPal payment link which we will send you to: A Park
REF: TREK N’TASTE.
Enter an amount with your debit/credit card, and the money is sent to us. With thanks. Like any PayPal transaction, the connection is secure. Everyone involved will receive an email receipt. PayPal.Me is the fast and easy way to do business. If someone in your group isn't a PayPal customer, they can easily sign up in seconds. For more information after we have sent you our PayPal payment link, go to www.paypal.me
NOTE: All customers buying alcohol must be over 18 years of age. It is an offence to purchase or attempt to purchase alcohol under the age of 18.
SUGGESTIONS FOR SHORT VINEYARD WALKS/TOURS WITH A PICNIC SUPPLIED BY TREK N'TASTE...
”It's like living in France - walking through the vineyards of Stopham, Tinwood, Albourne Estate, Nyetimber and Nutbourne in West Sussex." Felicity Jones, Arundel, West Sussex, England
"Fantastic tour with superb hosts. We booked this as a birthday treat and we were not disappointed! Adam is a great trekking guide and extremely knowledgeable about wine. We learnt so much and loved visiting the local vineyards, getting a chance to see Adam in his element! The picnic with local produce was delicious and Auriol did a great job putting it together. Fun, informative and inspirational for anyone who loves wine and a good trek. Would highly recommend - a 5-star experience." Michael Adu, London
"I had a fantastic time trekking across the stunning West Sussex countryside from Stopham to Bignor and learnt so much along the way about every aspect of wine-making from the vine, the complicated science of modern wine-making and the art of tasting. Adam and Auriol Park looked after us beautifully and the gourmet picnic was superb!" Sophie Sitwell, Tbilisi, Georgia, and Bury, West Sussex, England
"A massive thank you to you and Adam for a most memorable day." Claire Gilbert, Bury, West Sussex, England (and Australia)
“We learned so much about the local wines, the history and the process. Adam really knows his stuff! We also learned a lot about the area also which is so interesting. The picnic assembled by Auriol (we got to choose what we wanted out of her recommendations of local produce) was delicious and you get to keep any leftovers to take back with you! All in all we would highly, highly recommend trek n taste!"
Heena Harbham · 10 March 2018
“Many thanks for confirming my picnic hamper (with local produce and English wine). I can now stop searching... I looked through quite a few websites before finding Trek N’Taste. There’s not many people who specialise in this type of hamper!!”
Michael Barrett, Chichester, West Sussex
12th June 2019
Trek N'Taste suggested tours involve walking/cycling/driving to a personally-selected number of different vineyards. Our services include:
- Google Maps: We take time to make sure that the maps and links we draw up and print out to give you are accurate and detailed enough so that you do not get lost in The South Downs National Park (local vineyards, National Trust Petworth Park AND Bignor Roman Villa).
- Vineyard Tours: The vineyards we list offer wine tasting/shopping advice (WSET qualified). Taste up to three different wines at two or more vineyards and up to six different wines with our gourmet picnic hampers (depending on tour chosen).
- Gourmet Picnic Hampers: Auriol will assemble bespoke picnic hampers to include your dietary requests, from local farmshops and delis in The South Downs National Park. All produce are fresh and packaged up in the shops. Wine and food pairing.
- Discount on all wines bought at the vineyards (up to 30%).
- Advice/room booking at local bespoke overnight accommodation.
- Baggage and wine shopping transportation.
- Taxis: From Arundel to Bignor Roman Villa cost £18 and from Upperton Vineyards to Pulborough cost £20. We can give you the numbers/website links of taxi companies in Pulborough, Arundel (goes to Amberley), and Chichester. All these have a 7-seater taxi - but this needs to be pre-booked.
- Car Parking: There are ample parking facilities at all the vineyards we list, Bignor Roman Villa, Pulborough train station (paid car park), Arundel or Amberley train stations (paid car parks) and the hotels/B&Bs listed on this website.
- Cyclists: We can arrange for cycle hire if you prefer to bike. The bicycles can be delivered and collected by the hire company. We give you the website link to contact the hire company directly. All the hotels we list can store your hired bikes overnight.
- Babysitting/Nanny Agencies/Holiday Clubs: We can put you in touch with these resources so that your children are taken care of for the day. All staff are CRB/Ofsted inspected/approved.
- Please bring waterproofs, walking boots and cash to pay for buying wine at the vineyards (cheaper), any pub/cafe visit, taxis and your train ticket (nb: we request 50% of your full payment as a deposit seven days in advance).